SoftPro sponsored a webinar hosted by the American Land Title Association (ALTA) on Monday, March 30, providing an industry update on COVID-19. The webinar covered impacts to our industry including Federal proceedings, remote online notarization (RON), recording jurisdiction closures, essential versus non-essential workers, and more.
In the webinar, ALTA discusses the Federal response to the coronavirus, which has been split into phases. The various phases have included funds for health care, paid sick leave, and the stimulus bill. Future phases are expected to include financial aid to state and local governments and industry. The CARES Act stimulus bill in particular includes important information for title companies, such as the $350 billion in Small Business Administration (SBA) loans for payroll protection and mortgage forbearance for up to 360 days.
Watch the recording of this webinar for more information on:
- The Securing and Enabling Commerce Using Remote and Electronic (SECURE) Notarization Act of 2020
- Which states have passed RON legislation and which states are considering it
- Government Sponsored Enterprise (GSE) Requirements
- Operating status of recording jurisdictions across the U.S.
- Essential vs. non-essential businesses
- The status of upcoming ALTA events
- States that have issued shutdown orders
If you missed out on the live webinar covering COVID-19 updates related to our industry, not to worry! You can access a recording of the webinar below.