As more of the world gains internet access, cyber criminals are moving their attacks from machines to humans. It’s estimated that just over 50% of the world’s population has access to the internet and that number is expected to climb to 75% in the next five years.
Education and preparation for your employees, customers and clients will be critical moving forward.
IBM CEO, Ginni Rometty, says that “cybercrime is the greatest threat to every company in the world.” IBM Security and the Ponemon Institute release a “Cost of Data Breach Study” each year. The 2017 study included 63 companies and the average cost of a data breach to a company is now $7.35 million. Breaking this information down a bit further, each stolen record averages a cost of $225. Are you auditing your procedures, monitoring your activity and consistently educating and training your team on your data security measures and the risks you face daily? You simply cannot afford not to protect your company, your data and your customers.
Download this e-book to help you better understand:
- • What data security is and why it's important
- • How to prevent a loss of data and NPI
- • What types of data security breaches you should be aware of
- • How to create a recovery and business continuity plan
- • How to educate your staff
- • How SoftPro can help and much more!