Check out these updates on the Texas Guaranty Assessment Recoupment Charge (GARC), Maryland and New Jersey.
The GARC fee required to be collected throughout 2018 expired on December 31, 2018. Beginning on January 1, 2019, this fee was no longer required. It is anticipated that the Texas Title Insurance Guaranty Association (TTIGA) will reinstate the Guaranty Fee in early 2019, but as of January 1, 2019, neither fee should be collected. Click here for more information.
Baltimore - In addition to the current recordation and transfer taxes, a new Yield Tax on some real property transfers is effective as of January 11, 2019. With some exceptions, this tax applies to all transactions for which Recordation and Transfer Taxes are due pursuant to BALTO. CITY CODE, ART. 28 SUBTITLES 16 and 17 for which the consideration exceeds $1,000,000.
NJ Rating Bureau Forms and Rate Manual Revisions - Effective February 1, 2019.
5 new documents and endorsements were added to the bureau:
- 5-174, ALTA Endorsement 11.1-06: Mortgage Modification with Subordination
- 5-175, ALTA Endorsement 11.2-06: Mortgage Modification with Additional Amount of Insurance
- 5-176, ALTA Endorsement 26-06: Subdivision – New Jersey Variation
- 5-177, New Jersey Partial Release of Mortgaged Premises Endorsement
- 5-178, ALTA Endorsement 39-06: Policy Authentication
Additionally, there will be 6 updated documents and endorsements, including:
- 5-130, ALTA Endorsement Form 29.1-06: Interest Rate Swap Endorsement Additional Interest
- 5-114, ALTA Endorsement Form 16-06: Mezzanine Financing
- 5-121, ALTA Endorsement Form 20-06: First Loss – Multiple Parcel Transaction
- 5-107, ALTA Endorsement Form 14-06: Future Advance – Priority Future Advance – Priority (New Jersey Variation)
- 5-87, ALTA Endorsement Form 3-06: Zoning