Each quarter, SoftPro sponsors Trendsetters by October Research. This series focuses on professionals in the title insurance industry who have made significant impact and emerged as leaders, demonstrating their passion for the industry in everything they do professionally.
This quarter, Trendsetters features Matt McDonald, president of Realty Title and Escrow Company. Under Matt's leadership, the Crye-Leike, Realtors affiliate has grown to become the seventh-largest title affiliate in the country by number of transactions, according to the 2021 Real Trends 500 rankings.
When you read the full Trendsetters report, you'll see how Matt has gone from learning the ropes to teaching them. He came on as president of Realty Title at its launch in 2001, transitioning from running his own real estate law firm to running a multi-state title company. Under Matt's leadership, Realty Title has grown to service 5 states out of 45 offices. He now uses the knowledge he has gained over the last two decades to teach seminar sessions and continuing education classes to attorneys, real estate agents, and mortgage professionals.
- How he stated his career as an officer in the Judge Advocate General's Corps of the U.S. Army.
- How he started in the real estate business as sole practitioner of his own law firm concentrating on real estate closings and title insurance.
- How he credits Realty Title's relationship with Crye-Lieke, Realtors as critical to the company's expansion.
- How he fueled the company's growth by providing convenience, accessibility, and good service to customers.
- How coming from a family of teachers inspired Matt to share his knowledge with others.