Each quarter, SoftPro sponsors Trendsetters by October Research. This series focuses on professionals in the title insurance industry who have made significant impact and emerged as leaders, demonstrating their passion for the industry in everything they do professionally.
This quarter, Trendsetters features Nick Hacker, president and CEO of The Title Team.
When you read the full Trendsetters report, you'll learn how Nick got his start in the real estate industry working as a business development manager in commercial investment. In 2009, as the commercial mortgage-backed securities market suffered amid the Great Recession, Nick began looking for a new opportunity. He moved to Washington D.C. to work for the American Land Title Association (ALTA), and it was there that he met Myron Atkinson, founder of The Title Team (then called North Dakota Guaranty & Title Company). Myron invited Nick to give him a call when Nick was ready to move back to North Dakota, and the rest is history. Nick joined the company in 2012 as an office manager for the company's new Williston, N.D. location, starting with a staff of just himself and one other employee and growing the office to nine people. Just two years later, in 2014, Nick was offered the position of president/CEO.
- How Nick was elected to the North Dakota state senate at the age of 22.
- How, under Nick's leadership, The Title Team grew from nine offices in N.D. to 31 offices across North Dakota, Minnesota, Wisconsin, and Montana.
- How Nick has built a positive company culture that has led to some of the lowest turnover rates in the industry.
- How The Title Team has adjusted to a more flexible work environment post-COVID.
- How Nick and his team "sell the experience" for homebuyers.