Thank you so much to everyone who attended Episode 27 of our Saved You a Seat webinar series: Mid-Year 1099-S Form Prep. We hope that you found the webinar helpful and that you gained some insight into staying on top of your 1099-S forms throughout the year.
In episode 27, Leslie Wyatt, SoftPro director of regulatory compliance, was joined by Angel Campbell, SoftPro business consultant. Angel discussed why you should be thinking about your 1099-S forms halfway through the year and how you can stay on top of your 1099s. This episode helps you make sure:
- You're running your exception report now, and ideally monthly
- No information is missing from any of your 1099-S forms
- The correct seller type is assigned to your forms
- And more!
Angel also shows you our Pro1099 product, which is designed to make tracking and submitting your 1099-S forms as easy as possible. Pro1099 makes your filing process easier with:
- 1099-S record management (search, report, view, add, delete)
- Warnings to alert you of any 1099-S errors (available to our Select customers)
- Exception reporting for missing or erroneous information for sellers that are reportable
- Electronic submission to the IRS FIRE site
- Data import/export to your 1099-S management module
Not able to join us for the live webinar? We've made a recording of Episode 27 available for you to watch, and you can also view the presentation slides from the webinar below:
Download our guides to learn more about how to prepare your 1099-S forms in Pro1099 and check out some additional helpful references.
- Correcting 1099-S Returns
- Criteria for Orders to Become 1099 Records
- How to Manually Enter a 1099-S for a Trustee of a Trust
- List of Reports in Pro1099
- Running the 1099 Exceptions Reports
- Filing Electronically with the IRS FIRE System and Pro1099 with SoftPro Select
- Where to access the SoftPro Documents Portal
- Find more resources and 1099 help in SoftPro's F1 Help feature
- IRS Publication 1220
- SoftPro Blog: Why Should You Conduct a 1099 Mid-Year Checkup?
Stay tuned for Saved You a Seat Episode 28, coming soon!
Don't miss an episode of Saved You a Seat! Subscribe to webinar notifications now to receive an email notification whenever a new episode is available!