The deadline for filing your 2019 1099-S forms electronically is March 31, 2020. However, if you request an extension, you can file without penalty until May 1, 2020.
You can request a filing extension by logging in to the IRS FIRE website with your username and password. If you choose to file an extension, please be sure to follow up with the IRS to ensure your TCC code is received before May 1st.
Did you know that SoftPro has a Pro1099 product that easily takes you through the
1099-S submission process so that you can be sure you're filing securely and without errors? Additionally, our award-winning support team is available to assist if you have any questions that come up during your submission process.
SoftPro can make your filing process easier with:
- • 1099-S record management (search, report, view, add, delete)
- • Warnings to alert you of any 1099-S errors (available to SoftPro Select customers)
- • Exception reporting for missing or erroneous information for sellers that are reportable
- • Electronic submission to the IRS FIRE site
- • Data import/export to your 1099-S management module
- • A helpful 1099 filing information site with how-to videos, job aids, and free webinars
File securely and easily with SoftPro. Contact us to get started with Pro1099 today!